Our community gardening activities focus on bringing people together to help each other grow, learn and feel closer to the natural world: Connect, grow, enjoy!
We are currently running two types of community gardening session:
- Sunday Garden Club (usually on the second Sunday of the month 10am-12oclock)
- Friday Garden Club (weekly on a Friday morning 10am-12.15)
To join in Sunday Garden Club:
- please book your free place in advance so we know how many people to plan for. Accompanied children are very welcome – to find out when the next session is, check out our What’s On page.
What to wear:
- Come in old clothes appropriate for the season, and suitable footwear.
- We advise you to bring your own gardening gloves, especially with children, so that they fit well and allow the wearer to use the tools provided safely and comfortably. We do have a selection of gloves for general use if you don’t have your own.
- A waterproof may be occasionally needed and sunscreen is essential when working outside from March to October.
- It’s a good idea also to protect your head and neck from the sun in hot weather.
We provide tools, guidance, hot and cold drinks, first aid support and a friendly atmosphere. To find out more please contact Steve Granger on [email protected]
You can find our information on how to have fun and stay safe while at our Garden Clubs here
Past Sunday activities have included:
- bark spreading on paths
- making a bug hotel
- tree planting
- willow weaving
- planting a wildlife hedge
- creating a paving mosaic
- making an earth sculpture
- planting an orchard
- mural painting
- wildflower planting
- planting a pollinators’ garden
- carrying out drought resistant planting for sunny and shady sites
- bulb planting
- pond maintenance